Information and guidelines regarding coronavirus - New regulation as of Monday, August 16, 2021.
Due to the Corona requirements of the federal government, the department management has to adapt the operating concept for the Rosshof on an ongoing basis. The updated version of the operating concept can be found here, and the current protection concept can be found here.
The following entry rules apply:
- Employees may work in the Rosshof, including the library, without restriction.
- The maximum number of users in the library is limited. The current utilization of the locations can be found here.
- Students of Studies of the Ancient World (with authorization via subject representatives), §3-access authorized persons as well as registered users of fixed workstations have continuous access to the library.
- University members and UB users have access during official opening hours. The entrance door remains locked, but can be opened via UNIcard and bell.
- Access for external persons is only allowed by invitation of a DAW staff member.
- The research wings may again be entered by all.
- In publicly accessible areas (library, foyer, corridors and staircases as well as when entering the secretariats) masks are still mandatory! In all other areas, the mask obligation is waived, provided that a minimum distance of 1.5 m can be maintained.
- We strongly recommend to get vaccinated!
Room use for "online events" by students of Studies of the Ancient World:
The department makes room 023 in the library (max. occupancy 2 persons) and room 010.1 in the research wing (max. occupancy 4 persons ) available to students for interactive online events. In addition, workstations in the library may be used for non-interactive courses. Students must use a headset in all rooms and are responsible for disinfecting contact surfaces. Appropriate materials will be provided. In rooms 023 and 010.1, students must check in/out of rooms via PhilApp/QR codes(https://philhist.unibas.ch/de/app/).